Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Day 2 - 2/25/9 pt Duex

Ok, so things here at work are more awkward than normal (shocking I know). It's just a weird feeling working around here knowing I won't be here much longer. It feels like the people that know of my limited existence are treating me differently. Don't get me wrong I truly like all the people that I work with, but damn, let's cut the shit and quit with the I care about you bullshit. Sure, you probably feel sorry for dAndy, but in all actuality you guys are loving this because me getting capped just makes your job safer. In other words, just chill the fuck out and act like you always have you cocktasters!

Another odd aspect of all this, is dealing with customers. None of them know and I don't plan on any of them finding out until I'm pretty much out the door. What's funny is that all everyone talks about and has been talking about for months now is how slow it is and how people are losing their jobs in this industry. So I have been fielding questions like, "Ya'll done let go a anybody else?" So it's interesting to be telling these guys what's going on knowing I'm the next one without telling them I'm the next one. The less people that know of this the better off I am. The last thing I want to be doing is talking to every fucker that comes in here about me losing my job and then answering the question of what are you going to do with I don't have a fucking clue. Maybe I'll become a professional blogger. Those guys make big bucks right?

One thing, I am trying not to do, but is pretty damn fun is busting out comments like, "Geez, I really hope I don't get fired for this." It goes over pretty well when around a mixture of people that know and don't know.

In the big picture though, I am still giving a shit about what I do. The thoughts of completely not giving a fuck cross my mind from time to time, but I can't do that. I'll just keep rolling along going with the flow. I just wish it was football season right now. I'd be managing like 10 teams and completely stacking my lineup by spending endless amounts of time checking the waiver wire and free agent lists. Oh wait, I did that last season. Maybe that's why I be fireded.

No comments: