Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Day 0 - 2/23/09

Welp, the bomb got dropped on me today. I kind of saw it coming, but nothing can really prepare you for when it actually happens. Due to a fucked up market, the company I work for no longer needs me. I have to give my boss credit for giving me 45 days notice though. He is even giving me a paid day off a week for interviews and what not so major kudos there. Thanks cheif!

The shit stings though, I ain't gonna lie about that. Sure, I SHOULD be able to find another job rather quickly, but damn I know it won't compare to what I have now or had, I guess I should say. I'm losing a company vehicle, gas, insurance, and a cell phone. Not to mention other regular perks like free lunches and trips to NASCAR races, hunting, and fishing. I'll miss that shit for sure!

So today was just sit back and take it all in day. And when I say take it all in I mean take in around 1 liter of vodka while sitting back and realizing what I am facing both personally and financially. THIS SHIT SUCKS! Then again though, everything happens for a reason right!

I'll be trying to post everyday here as to what I am doing in regards future job exploration and the good stuff will be the ins and outs of pretty much coming to work everyday knowing I will eventually not be working here anymore. Let's see how it shakes out.

P.S. Great value during these trying econmic times: Taco Bell's Cheesy Double Beef Burrito for $0.89.



2 of those bad boys along with 16 packets of hot/medium/mild sauce with funny little sayings on there and you are sot!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Damn I miss the Volcano tacos!!! The Taco hell talk made me hungry..